By David M. Green, Stanley K. Sessions
This e-book looks at a time whilst molecular cytogenetics is located to make an important effect upon evolutionary reviews, permitting difficulties of chromosomal constitution and alter to be significantly assessed. it really is an updated and accomplished survey of the cytogenetics of a massive type of animals, together with all 3 amphibian orders, with chapters authored via overseas leaders within the field.
Amphibian Cytogenetics and Evolution could be of curiosity to classical and molecular cytogeneticists, systematicists, evolutionary biologists, herpetologists, and a person utilizing amphibians in genetic research.
- Offers the single present and complete survey of amphibian cytogenetics
- Gives authoritative and in-depth insurance of subject matters of current interest
- Reviews common cytogenetic topics
- Presents new insights into evolutionary adjustments in chromosome constitution and amphibian phylogeny and relationships including: Phylogenetic research of chromosome data, Current innovations of cytogenetic analysis, Examination of all 3 amphibian orders
Read or Download Amphibian Cytogenetics and Evolution PDF
Best evolution books
This moment quantity within the traditional heritage of the Crustacea sequence examines how crustaceans-the assorted physique shapes and variations of that are defined in quantity 1-make a residing within the wide variety of environments they inhabit, and the way they take advantage of foodstuff assets. The contributions within the quantity provide artificial overviews of specific existence and feeding mechanisms, and supply a clean examine crustacean existence types in the course of the technological instruments which have been utilized to contemporary crustacean examine.
- Observational Constraints on the Influence of Active Galactic Nuclei on the Evolution of Galaxies
- The Becher Wetlands – A Ramsar Site: Evolution of Wetland Habitats and Vegetation Associations
- Ever-expanding horizons: the dual informational sources of human evolution
- Evolution in Health and Disease (2nd Edition)
Additional resources for Amphibian Cytogenetics and Evolution
C , and Gergi, S. A. (1983). Sequence analysis of 28S ribosomal DNA from the amphibian Xenopus laevis. Nucl. Acids Res. 11, 7795-7817. Yunis, J. , and Prakash, O. (1982). The origin of man: A chromosomal pictorial legacy. Science 215, 1525-1530. CHAPTER 3 Cytotaxonomy of Caecilians Ronald A. Nussbaum Museum of Zoology and Department of Biology University of Michigan Ann Arbor, Michigan I. Introduction II. Caecilian Diversity A. Primitive Families B. Advanced Families III. Caecilian Chromosomes A.
F. (1986). Ordre des Gymnophiones. In 'Traito de Zoologie, Vol. -P. Grass6 and M. ), pp. 595-608. Masson, Paris. -P. (1956). L'ävolution des dipneustes et l'origine des urodeles. Coll. Internatl. Centre Natl. Rech. Sei. 60, 69-76. -P. (1968). Remarques concernant la phylogenie des amphibiens. In "Current Problems of Lower Vertebrate Phylogeny" (T. ), pp. 307-315. Almqvist et Wiksell, Stockholm. -P. (1986). Proposition d'une nouvelle classification des amphibiens gymnophiones. Soc. Zool. France Μέητ.
Miyamoto, 1983; Green, 1986). g, Blommers-Schlösser, 1976, 1978; Bogart, 1967, 1970, 1972,1973,1974,1981; Bogart and Nelson, 1976; Bogart and Tandy, 1981; Cole, 1974; Morescalchi, 1975,1977; Morescalchi and Ingram, 1974; Wake and Case, 1975), which often provide sufficient information to define major species groups. , 1979, 1983; Sessions, 1990), relatively few studies have taken advantage of these techniques explicitly for the purpose of reconstructing phylogenies of amphibian groups. , Baker and Barnett, 1981; Robbins and Baker, 1981).