By Steve Hoberman
Congratulations! You accomplished the MongoDB software in the given tight time frame and there's a get together to have fun your application's liberate into creation. even supposing individuals are congratulating you on the get together, you feel a few uneasiness within. to accomplish the venture on time required creating a lot of assumptions concerning the info, similar to what phrases intended and the way calculations are derived. moreover, the terrible documentation concerning the software might be of restricted use to the aid crew, and never investigating all the inherent ideas within the facts may perhaps finally result in poorly-performing constructions within the not-so-distant destiny.
Now, what if you happen to had a time desktop and will return and skim this e-book. you'll study that even NoSQL databases like MongoDB require a few point of knowledge modeling.
Data modeling is the method of studying in regards to the info, and despite expertise, this approach has to be played for a winning application. you are going to examine the worth of conceptual, logical, and actual facts modeling and the way every one level raises our wisdom of the information and decreases assumptions and bad layout decisions.
Read this e-book to benefit the best way to do info modeling for MongoDB purposes, and achieve those 5 objectives:
- Understand how information modeling contributes to the method of studying in regards to the facts, and is, accordingly, a required process, even if the ensuing database isn't really relational. that's, NoSQL doesn't suggest NoDataModeling!
- Know how NoSQL databases vary from conventional relational databases, and the place MongoDB fits.
- Explore each one MongoDB item and understand how every one compares to their information modeling and conventional relational database opposite numbers, and study the fundamentals of including, querying, updating, and deleting info in MongoDB.
- Practice a streamlined, template-driven method of acting conceptual, logical, and actual facts modeling. realize that info modeling doesn't continuously need to result in conventional facts models!
- Distinguish top-down from bottom-up improvement techniques and entire a top-down case research which ties the entire modeling recommendations together.
This ebook is written for someone who's operating with, or could be operating with MongoDB, together with company analysts, info modelers, database directors, builders, undertaking managers, and information scientists. There are 3 sections:
- In part I, Getting Started, we are going to display the facility of information modeling and the tight connections to facts types that exist whilst designing any form of database (Chapter 1), examine NoSQL with conventional relational databases and the place MongoDB suits (Chapter 2), discover each one MongoDB item and understand how each one compares to their facts modeling and conventional relational database opposite numbers (Chapter 3), and clarify the fundamentals of including, querying, updating, and deleting information in MongoDB (Chapter 4).
- In part II, Levels of Granularity, we disguise Conceptual facts Modeling (Chapter 5), Logical info Modeling (Chapter 6), and actual facts Modeling (Chapter 7). detect the "ing" on the finish of every of those chapters. We specialise in the method of creating each one of those types, that's the place we achieve crucial enterprise knowledge.
- In part III, Case Study, we'll clarify either best down and backside up improvement techniques and plow through a most sensible down case examine the place we commence with enterprise specifications and finish with the MongoDB database. this situation research will tie jointly the entire strategies within the prior seven chapters.
Nike Senior information Architect Ryan Smith wrote the foreword. Key issues are integrated on the finish of every bankruptcy with the intention to toughen ideas. moreover, this publication is loaded with hands-on workouts, in addition to their solutions supplied in App A. App B includes all the book’s references and App C the